E-Events is growing, and we're headed worldwide! We are just launching our Escape...Luxury Destinations venture, taking brides to Italy, Scotland and beyond. Our travel agents and coordinators are available to help you plan your escape--be it a destination wedding or honeymoon. The blog-side of Escape is just getting started also, and the following is my recent post on the perks of Tuscany. I honeymooned in Rome last February and can tell you that the country's culture is so magnetic I can't wait to return. The people were the friendliest of any country I've visited and the food and history are enough to keep you there for weeks just trying to do it all. If you're considering an Escape, please let me know!
I don't know anyone who doesn't start daydreaming when they hear the word "Tuscany". Immediately, thoughts of rolling hills, fresh markets, and easy strolls through town come to mind. Lazy days and great wine certainly make for the perfect honeymoon or intimate destination wedding. Whether you choose to explore the terrain on your own or you are surrounded by your closest friends and family (they'll be so happy you invited them), age-old Tuscany is the ultimate modern wedding destination.
Still unsure? Here are 10 reasons to make your escape to Tuscany:
1. Did you know that Tuscany is home to prehistoric caves and thermal pools? Tuscan spas now offer hydromassage and pampering using the natural hot springs.
2. Tuscan markets are in a league of their own. You'll find everything from aged balsamic vinegar, the best wine from local vineyards, fresh olives, ceramics, and leather goods. Spend a morning perusing a market and be sure to pack an extra carry-on bag to transport all your goodies home.
3. Central Tuscany is where you'll find the city of Sienna, home to the Palazzo Pubblico and the Duomo. Nearly every room in the palace contains frescoes, making the attraction a must for art buffs. The Duomo gives one of the best views of Florence. Make these cultural landmarks a day and top it off with a delicious gelati.
4. Seasoned chefs and kitchen beginners alike will appreciate a cooking class taught by Tuscan chefs. Learn to prepare authentic Italian food and you'll be taking home a lasting piece of Tuscany's culture.
5. An afternoon or two should be spent touring the wine country. Learn a little, taste a lot. Purchase a few bottles of your favorites to enjoy back at the villa as a private chef prepares dinner.
6. Surfing lessons. Yes, I said surfing. Forte dei Marmi is a coastal resort town in Northern Tuscany where you can catch a wave and tell your friends you learned to surf in Italy.
7. In Florence you'll find a shopper's paradise. Fendi, Prada, Balenciaga, Armani, and Dolce & Gabbana. Need I say more?
8. The Pitti Palace is the largest museum complex in Florence. It houses 500 Renaissance paintings, along with more modern art, a costume gallery, and jewelry. The Boboli Gardens, located immediately behind the palace, hold sculptures and fountains from the sixteenth century. The lush gardens are the perfect place for an outdoor afternoon picnic.
9. The Ponte Vecchio is the oldest bridge across the Arno River. It is lined with shops selling gold and silver jewelry. Consider shopping here for wedding gifts to each other!
10. Even the US Dollar's current weakness holds quite strong for a week-long villa rental in Tuscany. Complete with a private pool and personal chef, a Tuscan villa is one wedding expense that is well worth every cent.
Have we convinced you yet?