This may look like the lazy-blogger's post, but the idea is just so good I wanted to share. Polka Dot Bride posted an idea for a wedding time capsule to preserve memories of your big day for years to come. Using a few beautiful boxes, store special things like menus, invitations, guest book, party favors, the garter, etc. In the years to come, you and your spouse, along with your children and grandchildren, will have such fun looking back in time and reliving your wedding. Here's the post from Polka Dot Bride:
A fun idea after the wedding is to create a wedding time capsule of sorts. Possibly not something to dig a hole in your backyard for, but using a nice box, a place to hold some special tokens.
Your wedding ‘time capsule’ could include
- A letter to each other for the future
- Wedding invitation
- Wedding accessories such as napkins, wedding favours and programs
- A menu listing your reception meal
- Newspaper/Entertainment/Sport magazine/television from your wedding day
- Your wedding guest list
- Cork from your champagne toast
- Honeymoon brochures
- Ticket stubs
- Predications and well wishes from wedding guests.
It may be the perfect thing to open on your 10th wedding anniversary with a bottle of Cristal and some pretty good cake in hand (I suggest a brand new cake for this part of course!)