Only very recently did I stumble across this up-and-coming phenomenon known as "Proposal Planners". Girls, little did you (or I) know that some of your soon-to-be fiances are currently working with hired professionals to assist them in creating the perfect and customized proposal to sweep you off your feet. After a thorough meeting with the future groom to hear about his girlfriend and what makes their relationships special, a proposal planner creates the most unique and romantic engagement customized to that couple. The planner works with the groom to plan and implement the big surprise, whether it's a candlelit dinner on the beach or a hot air balloon ride over the city. Diamond-buying assistance can also be provided. From what I've found online, this service can cost as little as $250 and into the thousands depending on how outrageous a plan you're looking for.
To any gentlemen readers: Whether or not your proposal needs professional help, here are some things to consider.
- Thinking of your girlfriend and her family, is it important that you first receive her parents' blessing?
- Would your girlfriend want an audience for the proposal or would she feel more comfortable if you were alone?
- Consider the jewelry she currently wears and any hints she's given in regards to rings she likes. Are you confident in a ring choice or should you ask a friend to assist?
- Should you arrange for a photographer or videographer to document the proposal and her reaction? If you don't want to hire a professional, ask a potential groomsman.
- Are there any special locations that have significance in your relationship? It could be the restaurant where you went on your first date, the high school you graduated from together, or the island where you took your first vacation as a couple. Bringing back those great memories might be a good place to start in choosing the perfect proposal.