Each time I'm asked what a bride should give as wedding favors, I always advise something edible. Guests leave trinkets like tiny picture frames and votive candles on the tables, but edible treats are rarely left behind! Here are my current favorite wedding favors:
1. Macarons to match your wedding colors. These by Sparkles Kitchen come in tons of colors and can be purchased with adorable wrapping to fit the theme of your event.
2. Salted caramel. Popping up on menus all over (and the Cooking Channel!), this is a sweet, salty, gooey treat that guests will most likely bite into well before the reception is over. I just ordered a sample from The Caramel Jar and they were to.die.for. Definitely a crowd pleaser.
3. Local honey. It wards off coughs and allergies, can be drizzled on almost anything, and supports your local economy and the environment. Sounds good to me! We shop Winter Park Honey, but you can also search for honey favors near your own town.
4. Cake pops. I'm seeing a trend toward couples choosing not to have a wedding cake. If having an elegant cake just isn't your thing, try a dessert bar filled with tarts, cookies, and other sweet treats, and send your guests home with an individually wrapped pop. These "wedding cake pops" are by Bakerella.
5. Southern sweets. With all the down-home, rustic Southern style we're seeing in weddings, it only makes sense to offer up a favor that fits the theme. How about Whoopie Pies, take-home s'mores kits, a burlap bag filled with pralines or pecan pie on a stick? That's right...pie pops are in, and I can just about guarantee none will be left behind!