Today we start a new weekly edition of our blog called The Friday Five, where we'll introduce you to five ideas to inspire you for your wedding. This week we tackled non-edible favors-- a topic that takes much consideration to find just the right thing!
Although edible favors are typically what we suggest to our brides, we have a few non-edible ones that we love! If you choose to go the non-edible route try to find something unique yet practical that your yourself would enjoy receiving as a small gift. Here are a few options:
1. Personalized Matches, along with a cigar for the men and a scented candle for the ladies. Or try my favorite (and most cost effective) option: Tie the matches to colorful sparklers for your grand exit!
2. Stemless Wine Glasses. They can double as place cards when you apply chalkboard labels to the glasses and write your guests names on them. For a quirky idea, use the ones with lips and mustaches. Have them set at your guests seat so they can take them to the bar as they fill up. Its fun, and makes for great pictures!
3. Bottle Openers. Choose a shape that fits your personality and wedding style and neatly tie them to the neck of a bottle of soda. Try Jones Soda which comes in all sorts of fun colors and flavors. You can even personalize the label! They can easily double as place cards as well.
4. Personalized Playing Cards. Perfect for use in the hotel room or when then family gets together! Your guests will remember your wedding day each time they pull out that special deck of cards.
5. Charity Gift Certificate. Try JustGive! A JustGive charity gift certificate is a memorable way to thank people who participated in your wedding by letting them choose their own cause to support. Gift Certificates never expire and can be redeemed to any of the 1 million local and national charities.