I'm always looking for unique and interesting ideas for my ambitious brides. Right now I'm especially loving the Moroccan inspired wedding theme. Here are five great ideas to help bring your Moroccan wedding to life:
1. Use bold linens like orange, fushia, pink and gold. These colors are very popular in the Moroccan culture and will create an impact. Be sure to choose luxe fabrics with texture, embelishments or embroidery.
2. Utilize unique lighting. Moroccan inspired lanterns are easy to find and create a beautiful ambiance. Place them on your guest tables, in lounge areas, or hang them inside of tents.
3. Traditional food. Treat your guests to some of the most delicious Moroccan food like hummus with pita bread, olives, taboule, cous cous and more! Setting these items up in a buffet style will allow your guests to taste a little bit of everything.
4. Entertainment. Hire a traditional belly dancer to get the party started and entertain your guests throughout dinner.
5. Rental Items. Rent some Moroccan inspired furniture and create lounge areas for your guests. Use low wooden tables, simple cushions, and lots of bright pillows. Moroccan tents are another great specialty rental item that create that palace-like feeling. Can't find a tent? No problem. Use lots of ceiling draping to create the same effect.