Before going to your first floral meeting, you want to be sure you’ve done your homework. Going into this meeting without an idea of what you want might lead you astray. Here are the things I recommend knowing/having when you go.
- Inspirational photos and an idea of what you want it to look like visually
- What types of flowers you like
- Flowers that could work with your color scheme
- Swatch from your bridesmaid dresses
- What style of vessels you like (glass, silver, gold, wooden etc)
Of course none of these things are a requirement, but will really help you achieve the exact look you’re going for. When it came time for me to talk about my own wedding with my florist, I came prepared with pictures and a clear vision of what I wanted everything to look like. When discussing your centerpieces be sure to consider the following:
1. The height of the room. If you have very tall ceilings then you might want to go for a tall dramatic look.
2. Will you be using up lighting? Up lighting can often set off your centerpieces.
3. Keep in mind what else will be on the table like linens, chargers, table numbers etc.